Friday, February 22, 2008

Cheeta

I’m taking a snow day today. It’s coming down fast and furious, soon to be replaced by sleet and ice, so better to shovel and salt now, when I’m fresh and pleased at playing hooky, than in the evening when I’m tired and cranky and the snow weighs several hundred pounds per square foot. Plus I have a few freelance art jobs to take care of this weekend, and my mom’s birthday cake to bake, and a baby present to finish for someone who’s leaving town… it’s a good day to be home.

So quiet up here – you’d never know you were four blocks from the #1 train. Just snow, snow, more snow, annoyed birds at the feeder wondering where breakfast is, and one little dead sparrow on the back porch because Mr. Bonkers has had a very good hunting morning. I have a small fat black cat on my lap, purring like crazy with his paws around my neck, and a whole day to noodle around and bake and make things – a whole day to feel like Cheeta.

After I shovel.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kitt said...

I'm just in awe.

You need an Etsy shop. I could totally see your drawings as little framed prints or silkscreened on a pillow.

Have a great, mellow day.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

You *really* can draw!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It was pretty snow, wasn't it? Was your day all you had hoped?

9:37 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Well thank you. If I knew how to make silkscreens I might consider it.

My day wasn't quite as languorous as I'd hoped, nbm. I shoveled and then needed a little nap, and while I was napping the snowplow came by and plowed both driveways in which necessitated yet more shoveling. I did have a nice late diner lunch with J and baked my mom's birthday cake, and that was about it for the day. I don't know where the time goes sometimes.

It was a nice one all in all, though.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Tabby said...

I would love some little Lisa originals to frame & hang when we settle.

And sets of gift cards to send others, to share the wealth.

I love not only the illustrations, but also the captions - the style of handwriting and what you have to say.

Simply lovely.

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home