Monday, May 11, 2009

Some Days

Some days I'm full of good ideas and deep thoughts, and some days by 9:00 it feels like my brains are bleeding out of my ears. This day being one of the latter. However, in lieu of my having anything whatsoever to say, things are growing.

The pole beans are getting ready to make their big climb into eternity,
and we have almost enough baby lettuce to make a bed for tuna salad, or something equally delicious.
And there is wisteria! Which I'm well aware is an invasive and destructive vine that will someday kill all my trees, but that won't be for a while. In the meantime they are a beautiful, glowing shade of purple against the evening sky, carpeting everything with slightly annoying but still beautiful lavender petals that can be tracked into the house and played with by small bored cats.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Debi Harbuck said...

I just love wisteria. I love it in trees, and draped over fences, climbing the sides of huge old houses, and even in big tangled clumps sitting in the middle of the lawn not touching anything else at all. Love it.

I also love the wooden structure your pole beans are about to climb. Purchased or constructed?

9:53 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Found! Lying in the middle of the street in January, probably blown out of someone's yard somewhere. It's very tall and in perfect shape.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Cara dB said...

Wisteria is so pretty though! I love morning glory too, which is also invasive and destructive.

Your beans will soon be ready for Jack to begin his ascent!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Mmm, baby lettuce. And that's a wonderful tomato frame.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Debi Harbuck said...

Found is the best! Is it made of split bamboo? (can you tell I want some for my very own?)

10:08 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yep, as far as I can tell it's bamboo. Very lightweight. I love finding stuff.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home