Friday, May 01, 2009

May is the King of Months

So a couple of my favorite people, Sue of A Life Divided and Debi at The World Without, are making noises about May being Blogathon Month. And while anyone who knows me knows I'm not a mindless trend follower -- more like a mindless trend denouncer and general snob -- it kind of sounds like fun.

In the first place it would be good for me, and I'm all in favor of things that I think are going to be Good For Me. I do well when presented with a challenge, and while my litblogging habits are pretty steadfast, if I can't figure out how to do my own stuff at the same time then that's just no good at all. In the second place, if my friends are providing me with a solid month's worth of content and insight into their lives, then it would be rude to just wolf it all down without even making the motions of reciprocity. In the third place, since I've developed a fairly heavy delicious habit, this would be a good chance to get rid of all those random links tagged "blog." And in the fourth place, I just have way too much time on my hands and no idea how to spend it.

Well, OK, that last one isn't remotely true. In fact I have not a whole lot of free time at all and a million projects lined up in my head. But the only way I can ever possibly get to them is to keep figuring out how to pull more time out of thin air, and the only way to do that is by taking things on and worrying about how to budget for them later. Necessity having been the mother of invention more times than I could tell you.

In the fifth place, May is my very favorite month. What's not to love about May, wherever you live? May is the King of months.

I also promise to take more pictures.

Francis says: "Give me the damn camera! I'll take some pictures!"

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kitt said...

Awesome!

It's not hard to blof every day. Though I've gotten out of the habit lately.

Carry the camera everywhere and you'll always have material.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Margarita said...

Well, cats ARE helpful when we blog, we may as well have them do some of the work on that front - LOL! Great pictures of Francis.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home