Sunday, October 26, 2008

She's An Angel

I met someone at the dog show
She was holding my left arm

But everyone was acting normal so I tried to look nonchalant.

We both said, "I really love you,"

The Shriners loaned us cars

We raced up and down the sidewalk twenty thousand million times

Why did they send her over anyone else?
How should I react?
These things happen to other people

They don't happen at all, in fact

When you're following an angel
Does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

Somewhere they're meeting on a pinhead

Calling you an angel, calling you the nicest things
I heard they had a space program

When they sing you can't hear, there's no air

Sometimes I think I kind of like that and
Other times I think I'm already there


-- They Might Be Giants
Photos are from the Van Cortlandt Park Howl-O-Ween dog costume party. Which was more fun than it had any right to be.
Dorrie's friend Sabine was Buffalo Bill's horse.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger blogless said...

Dorrie is an angel! Did she fuss at all? I used to have reindeer ears (and sometimes a yarmulke) that I used to put on Herc during the holidays, but he'd throw a fit until I took them off.

Every year in Santa Barbara they have something called the Big Dog parade, and it consists of thousands of dogs in constume walking down our State Street. I am not big on parades, but I never miss that one. I have more pictures of those dogs than I do of my family.l

2:16 AM  
Blogger Kaethe said...

You found out she's an angel
I'm worried that something might happen to you, now that you've blogged it.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Dorrie did not fuss, surprisingly enough. She was very very chilled out and seemed somewhat philosophical about wearing the wings -- she is indeed an angel. Alvy, on the other hand, thought he'd died and gone to heaven when I brought them home in a big plastic shopping bag, and jumped in headfirst -- "Mom!! There's the biggest bird in the world in there, AND I CAUGHT IT!!"

I saved them from him, because I figure Friday we could go out and get some candy.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

I bet that was a blast. And Dorrie makes a beautiful angel.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such cute pics!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home