Monday, August 25, 2008

Cheers

OK, enough with the sad little dog pictures. I'm taking a little time off from work, and while there will be more about that later, in the meantime I am trying to work my way through the Seven Deadly sins in their entirety. And since most of my days are already filled with Wrath, Pride, and Envy, it seems only fitting that a vacation should consist of Lust, Gluttony, Sloth, and Greed. I haven't gotten to the Greed part -- I'm headed downtown to have lunch with a friend so maybe I can do a little shopping and get that out of the way, but that tends to be my least favorite Deadly Sin. On the other hand, I've been very assiduous about the other three. We are in possession of a large amount of incredibly good cheese sent out of the blue by a dear friend, for one thing, and I think we've got every single one of Thomas Aquinas' Gluttony categories --

* Praepropere, eating too soon;
* Laute (washedly), eating finely;
* Nimis, eating too much;
* Ardenter, eating burningly;
* Studiose (keenly), eating daintily;
* Forente (boringly), eating wildly.

(thank you, Marta!)

-- pretty well covered. Can I just say: Cowgirl Creamery Mt. Tam with blueberries? Holy shit.

(The bartending bear was a commission for a friend's husband's birthday.)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss T said...

That's one happy bear. And cheese envy is real. :o) Enjoy!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know about blueberries in my cheese, but that is a super bear.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Kitt said...

Mmmmm .... Cowgirl cheese.

Your bear rocks.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home