Saturday, March 21, 2009

First Caturday in Spring

So yesterday was the Vernal Equinox, first day of spring. I was out in the back yard early in the morning, staring up at the top of our big tree -- a little black and white cat has been hanging out in our yard lately, and the night before Dorrie had chased it all the way up and it hadn't come down by bedtime. It was gone by that morning, but as I looked up I couldn't help wondering -- wasn't it just a bit early for pollen to be coming down?

Heh. Not pollen, snow. Happy first day of spring indeed. Francis thought it was very exciting.
(Yes, I do clean my windowsills. The little shits just mess them right up again with their dirty paws.)

After that he was all worn out and had to take a nap with Alvy.
Is that cute enough for you people?

Today Chester the beagle came over for a visit. Alvy didn't particularly approve but Mr. Bonkers definitely did.
P.S. Whenever I see "Caturday" I think of Mick Jagger singing it to the tune of "Melody." I don't know why.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty stinkin' cute.

I was up in the Catskills this weekend and it was gorgeous yesterday, but today we had a weird alternation between pellety (and later fluffy) snow and bright light-blue skies. The snow began at just about the moment we made it clear that yes, we were really going to hike. March, gotta love it.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Debi Harbuck said...

Aww...super cute. And you know you wouldn't love us if we didn't love your furr-kins.

Also, I am with you on the windowsills. Same goes for the windows that he presses his big doggy nose all over.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home