Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Dog Portrait Project

A month or so back my friend Meridith, who’s Director of Education at the Rush Philanthropic Arts Foundation, put out a general open call for dog photos, to be accompanied by a brief description of the dog in question. Hey, if there’s one thing we have plenty of, it’s pictures of Dorrie. I sent a few, including one featuring Mr. Bonkers as well.
Now the two of them are featured in Rush Kids Dog Portraits, which in turn is part of an international Dog Portrait Project, an exhibition that will tour the world and eventually be a fabulous coffee table book!

The artist is Naya. I wonder if she's willing to sell, because I love it.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that is really cool. It'd be great if you could buy it.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's marvelous! I love it. I do hope you can buy it.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Meridith's inquiring about that. All the artwork was supposed to belong to the Imibala Art Center, but apparently a lot of other people want to buy them. I just hope they give priority to the dog owners.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Rooie said...

Oh, I can see why you want it. It's lovely, even if you don't know the animals involved and especially nice since you do.

7:42 AM  
Blogger SteamyKitchen said...

i love it!! Good luck with getting the artwork!

oh and i loved your comment - yeah - i'll have to add that to my list of potty-words!

6:03 PM  
Blogger M said...

That's so fucking cool! You should have told me about the project! I would have sent in pictures of Butch!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Aw, I'm sorry, Maia -- I didn't even think of forwarding it to anyone. I'm just me me me, all the time...

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home